Monthly Archives: June 2011
After coming back and taking another look (flipping the image), I noticed some flaws. The wing, and the direction of the falling leg. So to correct this – copy merge the wing / leg, paste into a new normal layer, and shift / rotate it into position, following with erasing the outer sharp edges of the layer to blend it in.
I decided a guy floating in the air was a little boring, so started to experiment with some quick compositional textures to make the image as a whole look more balanced.
I finished the image by looking at the overall tonal balance of the image, which wasn’t too striking to me, so with some final overlay / brightness and colour balance layers I pushed the dynamics around and finished by sharpening the main focus of the image (the character) with an unsharp mask (filter / sharpen / unsharp mask).